Looking for some unstructured family fun? Need to get out of the house on a rainy day? Summer, winter, rain or shine, below is a list of things to do (almost) anytime! Do you have a fun anytime activity that is not listed? E-mail us and we will add it to our list!
- Indoor Play Castle at the Chaska Community Center, 1661 Park Ridge Drive in Chaska. Phone: 952-448-5633. Hours are Monday 9am-6pm, Tuesday through Sunday 9am-9pm. Cost for the Play Castle is $1 for members and $2 for non-members. Parents are free. www.chaskacommunitycenter.com
- Indoor Play Structure at the Eden Prairie Community Center, 16700 Valley View Road in Eden Prairie. Phone: 952-949-8470. Hours are Monday through Sunday 8am-8pm. Closed daily from 9:30-10:30am for cleaning. Cost is $3.50 for 18 mos.-4 years, $4.50 for 5 years and up, 18 mos. and younger is free. Half price Mon-Fri after 1pm and weekends after 4pm. Kids can climb, jump and crawl at the indoor play structure. Additionally there is a special area for infants and toddlers to explore as well as a mini rock climbing wall. www.edenprairie.org
- Williston Tree House, 14509 Minnetonka Drive in Minnetonka. Phone: 952-939-8370. Cost is $5 for non-members. The indoor play area is for children 12 and under. Children must wear socks to play in the treehouse. eminnetonka.com.
- Adventure Peak at Edinborough Park, 7700 York Ave S in Edina. Phone: 952-833-9540. Hours are 9am-9pm Monday through Saturday and 9am-6pm on Sundays. Cost is $6. Children under 1 are free and parents are admitted free with paid child. Socks are required for everyone. The “peak” is a 44x44x37 foot high climbing, low crawling, slip sliding Northwoods adventure. Climb into the 30 foot tall oak tree, slide down one of the four giant tube slides or wash down the triple wave slide. www.ci.edina.mn.us
- The Atrium at Playworks, 2200 Trail of Dreams in Prior Lake. Phone: 952-445-7529. Hours are 8am-7pm Monday through Friday and 9am-7pm Saturday and Sunday. Cost is $7.50 for ages 3-12, $4.50 1-2 years, and under 1 is free. Parents are free when accompanied by a child. Playworks Atrium is a one-of-a-kind destination for children and families who love spending time together. The Atrium has a multi-level playstructure, interactive dancefloor, NEOS, Wii, PS3, computer games, the Arcade, and video monitors for watching that Sunday afternoon football game. The Toddler area is a popular destination for families with younger children. www.playworksfun.com
- The Blast at the Eagan Community Center, 1501 Central Parkway in Eagan. Phone: 651-675-5550. Hours are Monday through Friday 9am-8pm, Saturday 8am-8pm and Sunday 10am-8pm. Cost is $5.00 for youth 18 months-15 years. Under 18 months and over 16 years old are free. After 5pm Sunday through Friday is $2.50. The Blast features loads of play opportunities and interstellar delights. Try climbing through the Space Shuttle Tower and Rocket Launch Pads, ascending through two Apollo Rocket Propulsion Launchers, flying the Intergalactic Space Fight Jet, exploring the Milky Way tunnel and more! Socks are required. Outside food and beverages are not permitted. An on-site concession (limited hours) stand and vending machines are available. www.cityofeagan.com
- Maple Maze Indoor Playground, 12951 Weaver Lake Road in Maple Grove. Phone: 763-494-6500. Hours are 9am-8pm Monday through Saturday and 10am-6pm on Sundays. Cost is $5 for kids 1-12, under 1 free (non-resident) and $4 for kids 1-12, under 1 free (residents). Kids 12 and under will find it amazing to glide down the tube slide, swirl down the double slide or crawl through four climbing levels in the ceiling high playhouse or rock climbing wall. There’s a special play area for toddlers, 3 and under, with a small ball pit, toddler slide and climbing structure. www.ci.maple-grove.mn.us
- Lookout Ridge Indoor Playground, 8595 Central Park Place in Woodbury. Phone: 651-714-3500. Hours are 10am-5pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, 10am-8pm Tuesday and Thursday, and closed Sundays May through August. Closed for maintenance June 27, July 25, Sept. 6-9, Oct. 24 and Nov. 28. Lookout Ridge is a state-of-the-art playground designed for children 12 and under. A themed, life-like design and sound effects accompany slides, forests, a tree house and even a cave. Kids are able to climb inside cliffs imitating the St. Croix River Valley, then zoom down a mountain spiral slide emerging from a cave. www.ci.woodbury.mn.us
- Eagle’s Nest Indoor Playground at The Family Center, 400 10th St. NW in New Brighton. Phone: 651-638-2130. Hours are Monday through Saturday 9am-8pm, Sunday 11am-5pm. Cost is $5 for children 1-12, $3 after 6pm Monday through Friday only. There is no charge for adults. Imaginations run wild as children leap into the ball pit, scale the 8 foot climbing wall, zoom down the triple slide and find their way through the wiggle waggles and the foam forest! There is a special area for tykes 3 and under with its own colorful ball pit, challenging climbing structure, reading corner and other activities geared toward toddlers. www.ci.new-brighton.mn.us
- Tropical Adventure Indoor Playground at the Shoreview Community Center, 4580 Victoria St N in Shoreview. Phone: 651-490-4700. Hours are Monday through Saturday 8am-8pm and Sundays 8am-6pm. Cost is $4.50 for children 1-12. Members are free. Socks are required. Children 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Come crawl through the caves, swing through the jungle, slip down the waterfall slide and scream down the five level spiral slide! The playground is designed for children 12 and under. www.shoreviewcommunitycenter.com
- Terry Time Adventure Park, 14200 Lincoln Street NE, Suite 500 in Ham Lake. Phone: 763-331-0265. Summer hours are Tuesday through Friday 9:30am-4:30pm, Saturdays 9:30-5:30pm and Sundays 12-5pm. Admission is $6.00 per child ages 1-12. Bring the jungle to life with a two-story tree house, giant mural, slides, suspended bridges, arcade and more! www.adventureparkmn.com
- Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America, 8100 24th Avenue South in Bloomington. Phone: 952-883-8800. Hours are Monday through Thursday 10am-9:30pm, Friday and Saturday 10am-10pm, and 10:30am-7:30pm on Sunday. An unlimited ride wristband can be purchased for $29.95. Various other points packages are available. Nickelodeon Universe features 7 acres of unique attractions and entertainment. Meet the Nick characters, experience spine-tingling rides and more! www.mallofamerica.com
- Minnesota SeaLife Aquarium at Mall of America, 8100 24th Avenue South in Bloomington. Phone: 866-823-9317. Hours are Monday through Thursday 10am-7:30pm, Friday 10am-8:30pm, Saturday 9am-8:30pm and Sunday 10am-6:30pm. Cost is free for 2 and under, $14.99 kids 3-12, and $19.99 for 13+. The all new SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium brings you closer than ever before to more than 10,000 sea creatures including sharks, sea turtles, rays, jellyfish, seahorses and more! www.mallofamerica.com
- Jumps and Downs Inflatable Play Center, 1155 Shakopee Town Square in Shakopee. Phone: 952-405-8354. Hours are Tuesday through Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 12pm-6pm (limited jump time on June 10 & June 22). Cost is $7 per child plus tax. Children under 1 are free. Parents are free too. Jumps and Downs is an indoor inflatable play and party center for active kids who love to jump, bounce, slide, and simply have fun with their friends. www.jumpsanddowns.com
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park, 13310 Industrial Park Blvd., Suite 160 in Plymouth. Phone: 763-331-3511. Hours are Tuesday through Thursday 3-8pm, Friday 12-9pm, Friday Sky Mania (ages 11-15) 9-11pm, Saturday 10am-10pm, Sky Jam (16+) 10pm-12am, and Sunday 11am-7pm. Closed Mondays. Cost is $8 for 30 minutes, $12 for 1 hr, $16 for 90 minutes and $20 for 120 minutes. During open jump time there is a special court for children 5 and under. Walk-ins welcome, but to guarantee your jump time, pre-purchase tickets online at http://minneapolis.skyzonesports.com. Additional $1 per ticket reservation fee applies.
- Take the kids bowling at Brunswick Zone, 12200 Singletree Lane, in Eden Prairie. Phone: 952-941-0445. Opens at 9am daily. www.bowlbrunswick.com
- Play a round of mini golf at Golf Zone, 825 Flying Cloud Drive in Chaska. Phone: 952-445-1500. Hours are 10am-10pm Monday, 8am-10pm Tuesday through Saturday, and 8am – 9pm on Sunday (June 1-August 31). Cost is $7.50 for adults and $6.50 for kids. Whether you play Big Bear Mini Putt indoor course or Boulder Creek Mini Golf outdoor course, your family is sure to have a good time. www.yourgolfzone.com
Indoor Water Parks
- Water Park of America, 1700 American Blvd E in Bloomington. Phone: 952-698-8888. Open 10am-10pm seven days a week in June. Cost varies from $14.95 to $24.95 depending on day and number of hours. Surf on Minnesota’s only Flow Rider Surf Simulator, catch a wave in the Lake Superior wave pool or challenge your fears in America’s longest indoor family raft ride at 10 stories tall and over a mile long! The water park also offers a spa, two restaurants, and a 5,800 sq foot arcade and much more! www.waterparkofamerica.com
- Chaska Aquatic Center at the Chaska Community Center, 1661 Park Ridge Drive in Chaska. Phone: 952-448-5633. The pool schedule varies by day. Check schedule available at website. Daily admission is $6.25 adults, $5.00 youth and seniors, $18.50 family (residents) and $8.00 adults, $6.75 youth and seniors. The Aquatic Center has a 4 lane lap pool with giant water slide, rope swing and diving platform, a leisure pool with zero depth entry featuring a caterpillar slide and interactive water features, a warm spa for children and a hot spa for adults in addition to sauna and steam rooms. www.chaskacommunitycenter.com
- Waterpark at The Depot, 225 South 3rd Avenue in Minneapolis. Phone: 612-758-7854. Hours vary by month. In June the water park is open Friday through Sunday. On Friday the park is open 12pm-10pm, Saturday 9am-10pm, Sunday 9am-3pm. Cost for non-hotel guests is $20 per person. Children under 2 swim free with paying adult. The Depot has a three-story indoor/outdoor water slide, secluded north woods whirlpool area, zero depth pool with interactive water features, four pools, splash fountain, arcade games and snack bar.
- Tropics Indoor Waterpark at the Shoreview Community Center, 4580 Victoria St N in Shoreview. Phone: 651-490-4700. Hours are Monday & Wednesday 12-8:30pm, Tuesday & Thursday 12-9pm, Friday 12-9:45pm, Saturday 12-7:45pm and Sunday 12-6pm. Cost is $30/day for family, $8.30 for adult and $7.50 for child 1-17 (non-residents) or $24/day for family, $7.00 for adult and $6.00 for child 1-17 (residents). This water park features a tike size paradise at Shipwreck Beach including interactive water features and a boat slide. In the main pool you can play water volleyball or slam-dunk the basketball in the palm tree hoop. You can also climb aboard one of our giant floating sea creatures and more! www.shoreviewcommunitycenter.com
- Jackson Street Roundhouse, 193 Pennsylvania Ave. E in St. Paul. Phone: 651-228-0263. Open Wednesdays and Saturdays 10am-4pm year round. Caboose or bus rides on Saturdays. Cost is $5-$10. The Great Northern Railway’s historic Jackson Street Roundhouse, a former steam engine maintenance facility, provides a unique opportunity for kids of all ages to experience railroading in the Twin Cities. www.mtmuseum.org
- Gibbs Museum Farmhouse, 2097 West Larpenteur Ave. in St. Paul. Phone: 651-646-8629. Open Tuesday through Sunday 12-4pm. Cost is $8 for adults, Seniors $7, children 2-16 $5. www.rchs.com
- Mill City Museum, 704 South 2nd St. in Minneapolis. Phone: 612-341-7555. Open Tuesday through Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 12-5pm. Cost is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors & college students, $5 for children 6-17. Built in the ruins of what was once the world’s largest flour mill, Mill City Museum is located on the historic Mississippi Riverfront. Visitors of all ages learn about the intertwined histories of the flour industry, the river & the city. www.millcitymuseum.org
- Minnesota History Center, 345 w. Kellogg Blvd. in St. Paul. Phone: 651-259-3000. Open Tuesdays 10am-8pm, Wednesday through Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 12-5pm. Cost is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and college students, $5 for children 6-17. An interactive museum with both permanent and changing exhibits. The Minnesota History Center has a wide range of exhibits for all ages. Kids love the History Center because there are exhibits that are meant to be touched and explored, and activities that connect kids with history while they’re having fun. www.minnesotahistorycenter.org
- The Bakken Museum, 3537 Zenith Avenue S in Minneapolis. Phone: 612-926-3878. Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday 10am-5pm and Thursday 10am-8pm. Cost is $7 for adults, students and seniors are $5 and children under 4 are free. A one-of-a-kind museum exploring the mysteries of our electrical world. www.thebakken.org
- Science Museum of Minnesota, 120 W. Kellogg Blvd. in St. Paul. Phone: 651-221-9444. Hours are 9:30am-9:30pm seven days a week. Cost is $11 for adults and $8.50 for children 4-12 and seniors (museum admission only). www.smm.org
- Children’s Museum, 10 West 7th Street in St. Paul. Phone: 651-225-6000. Hours are Monday through Thursday 9am-4pm, Friday and Saturday 9am-8pm, and Sunday 9am-5pm. Admission is $8.95 per person for ages 1-101. 3 hour parking is $4. At the Children’s Museum, kids will have a blast discovering an exciting, immersive world that arouses their curiosity, increases their understanding, and ignites an appreciation for learning. www.mcm.org
- The Works, 9740 Grand Ave S, in Bloomington. Phone: 952-888-4262. Hours are Monday through Friday 10am-5pm and Saturday 10am-4pm. Cost is $6 per person for ages 3 and up. The Works is a “hands-on, minds-on” museum that makes learning about science and engineering interesting, understandable and fun. www.theworks.org
- Bell Museum of Natural History, 10 Church Street SE in Minneapolis. Phone: 612-624-7083. Hours are Tuesday through Friday 9am-5pm, Saturdays 10am-5pm and Sundays 12-5pm. Cost is $5 for adults, children 3-16 and seniors are $3 and children under 3 are free. Sundays are free. The Bell Museum displays Minnesota’s habitats, from the woods to the Great Lakes to the prairies. And children can observe the rainforest canopy from two aerial walkways. www.bellmuseum.org
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts, 2400 Third Avenue South in Minneapolis. Phone: 888-642-2787. Hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday throughSunday 10am-5pm, Thursday 10am-9pm. Cost is free. Minnesota’s premier museum of fine arts features collections of ancient art and works from Asia, Africa, Oceania, Native American and the Americas as well as decorative arts and sculpture. www.artsmia.org
- Walker Art Center, 1750 Hennepin Ave in Minneapolis. Phone: 612-375-7600. Hours are Tuesday through Sunday 11am-5pm and 11am-9pm on Thursdays. Cost is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and $6 for students. Every Thursday night admission is free between 5-9pm. www.info.walkerart.org
- Clutch Hitters Outdoor Automated Batting Cages, Dred Scott Playfields, 10820 Bloomington Ferry Road in Bloomington. Phone: 612-269-7653. Open daily through October 2nd. Weekends Oct. 8 & 9 and 15 & 16. Closed for 2011 season Oct. 17. Hours are Monday-Friday 10:30am-9pm, Saturday 10-9, Sunday 11-8. Cost is $1.00/per round which consists of 12 pitches. Cage rentals $25 for 1/2 hour or $45/hour. www.clutchhitters.com
- Batting Cages at Grand Slam, 12425 River Ridge Blvd in Burnsville. Phone: 952-224-0413. Open 10am-10pm Sunday through Thursday and 10am-midnight Saturday and Sunday. Batting token is $1.70 or 3 tokens for $5, 6 tokens $10, 13 tokens $20. www.grandslammn.com
- Williston Automated Batting Cages at Williston Center, 14509 Minnetonka Drive in Minnetonka. Phone: 952-939-8378. Cages may not be available at times due to pre-scheduled clinics or lessons. Call for hours and availability. Tokens are $1.00 for 15 pitches. Cage rentals $30 for 1/2 hour and $45 for hour. www.pinetaracademy.com
- The10 Dome Batting Cages, 2465 West Wayzata Blvd. in Long Lake. Phone: 952-417-6990. Upper Cages (live pitching) are 55′ and 45′. Half hour is $15 and 1 hour is $25. To book cage send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lower Cage has Iron Mike Pitching Machine and is set to baseball Little League speed/hight. Tokens are $1.50 for 15 pitches. www.the10dome.com
- Extra Innings Batting Cages & Tunnels, 9230 Xylon Ave North in Brooklyn Park (at Highway 169 & 93rd Ave N). Phone: 763-315-2701. Hours are Monday through Friday 11am-9pm, Saturday and Sunday 11am-7pm. Token operated batting cages are available and open to the public during regular business hours. The machines allow hitters to select pitching speeds ranging from 40-90 mph. www.extrainnings-brooklynpark.com
- Batting Cages at Grand Slam, 2941 Coon Rapids Blvd in Coon Rapids. Phone: 763-427-1959. Open 10am-10pm Sunday through Thursday and 10am-midnight Saturday and Sunday. Tokens are $1.50 for 18 pitches. www.grandslammn.com
Open Swimming (Indoors!)
- Eden Prairie Community Center, 16700 Valley View Road. Phone: 952-949-8470. Monday-Friday Family Swim from 1-2:30pm, Saturday Open Swim 3:30-5:30pm and Sundays 1-4pm. Cost: adults 18 & up $5.50, ages 5-17 $5, ages 4 & under $4, family of up to 4 $16.50.
- Oak Point School, 13400 Staring Lake Parkway in Eden Prairie. Wednesday Open Swim 7-8:30pm, Friday Open Swim 6:30-8:30pm. Cost: adults 18 & up $5.50, ages 5-17 $5, ages 4 & under $4, family of up to 4 $16.50.
- Minnetonka Middle School East, 17000 Lake Street Extension in Minnetonka. Phone: 952-401-5225. Sundays 1-4pm. Cost: $3 per swimmer. A qualified lifeguard will be on duty. Children who are unable to swim in the deep water must be accompanied by an adult. Lap swimmers are welcome.
- Chaska Community Center, 1661 Park Ridge Drive in Chaska. Phone: 952-448-5633. Open swim Monday
Open Ice Skating (Indoors!)
- Eden Prairie Community Center, 16700 Valley View Road. Phone: 952-949-8470. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10-12:30pm, Friday 6-7:30pm, Saturday 2:15-4:15pm, Sunday 1-3pm. TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO VERIFY.
- Minnetonka Ice Arena, 3401 Williston Road in Minnetonka. Phone: 952-939-8310. Through April 27: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 11:30am-1pm, Friday 7:30-9pm (ends April 13), Sunday 2:30-4:30 (ends April 15). No skating March 4, 13, 18. TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO VERIFY.
- Hopkins Pavilion, 11000 Excelsior Blvd. in Hopkins. Phone: 952-9391410. Through February 19: Sundays 1-2:30pm. Cost is $4 for adults and $3 for youth under 18. Children under 4 are free. Hopkins Pavilion does not have skate rental or sharpening. Helmets are required for skaters under 18.
- Victoria Recreation Center, 8475 Kochia Lane in Victoria. Phone: 952-443-4255. Through April 30: Every day from 10:45-11:45am. Cost is $6 for adults, $3 for youth (residents) and $9 for adults, $5 for youth (non-residents).
Other Fun Ideas
- Open Studio Time at Kiddywampus, 4400 Excelsior Blvd in St. Louis Park. Phone: 952-926-7871. Hours are Monday through Saturday 10am-5pm. Cost is $8 per hour. For ages 18 months-10 years. From painting on the wall to inventing paint colors to creating sculptures of your dreams, Open Studio 2 is an inspired creative experience. This is a special place to create with your child. www.kiddywampus.com
While we try very hard to make sure our information is current and accurate, event times and details do change. PLEASE call ahead to confirm event details.